Product Warranty and Safety
Our Warranty to You
As a consumer of LINETEC products, LINETEC offers you all of the warranties extended to you under the Consumer Guarantees Act 1993. In particular, LINETEC warrants that all LINETEC products:
- Are free from defects in materials and workmanship and conform to LINETEC’s applicable specifications for that product.
- Are of acceptable quality for their type and use, are fit for the purpose for which they are designed, and comply with our description and specifications.
- Comply with any sample of the same product we have given you.
- Have facilities for repair and a supply of parts that are adequately available for a reasonable period after the supply of the products.
Our warranty is for a period of seven years from the date of purchase (as noted on specification sheet).
How to Get Warranty Service
To receive warranty service from us you will need to:
- Provide us with written evidence of purchase.
- Return the product to us for inspection.
Our Obligation to You
Our obligation to you in relation to our warranty is at our discretion to either:
- Repair the product for you if repair is possible; or
- Replace the product with an equivalent one; or
- Refund the purchase price to you.
Exclusions From Our Warranty
Our products are designed with specific protection features for optimum consumer safety and to ensure that our products perform as well as possible. Our products must remain fully accessible at all times in order to be able to retrieved for warranty claims, repair, or maintenance. Our warranty will not apply when:
- A power supply which is not a LINETEC certified power supply is used.
- LED rigid modules are mechanically stressed by bending or shaping beyond the format as supplied, or if the actual LED is subject to unreasonable pressure.
- The LED products are not installed by properly qualified installers in accordance with the applicable New Zealand Electrical Safety Standards and Regulations.
- Correct electrical polarity is not observed.
- The LED modules are not cut or divided at the specified cutting marks (marked by a line and/or scissor symbol).
- Products which are installed in an environment which may cause corrosion or moisture/water damage are not properly protected against such environmental risks.
- Solder and metal parts are not sufficiently lacquered when installed in a corrosive environment.
- A LINETEC certified dimmer is not used when dimming our LED products.
- The LED modules and accessories are not sufficiently well ventilated or have insufficient heat dissipation.
- LINETEC’s individual specifications and installation instructions for the product you have purchased are not followed.
- Precautions from our “Product Safety Information” guidelines are not followed.
PRODUCT WARRANTY AND SAFETY PRECAUTIONS
LINETEC products are designed with specific protection features for optimum consumer safety. Please read this important safety information to ensure your LED installation is sustainable long-term. Failure to adhere to any of the following conditions will void warranty and could cause product failure.
All LED products must remain fully accessible at all times in order to be retrieved for repair or maintenance.
- Only use LINETEC certified power supplies, our certified power supplies protect you and your LED products.
- LED rigid board modules are not to be mechanically stressed by bending or shaping beyond the straight format as supplied. Placing pressure on the actual LED chip and components is to be avoided at all times.
- Use qualified personnel to install LED products. Specific electrical and safety standards need to be followed in accordance to New Zealand/Australian electrical safety regulations.
- Adhere to correct electrical polarity; if electrical polarity is incorrect then damage could be caused to the LED module.
- Only cut or divide the LED modules at the specified cutting markings indicated on the LED module by a line and/or scissor symbol.
- Touching metallic parts can cause electrostatic discharge, use ESD precautions.
- Certain modules do not have ingress protection, meaning they are not protected against corrosion, moisture, dust, or water damage. If you are unsure, check the IP rating on the product specification sheet or contact LINETEC for more information. Corrosion as a warranty claim will not be accepted, it is the contractor/installer’s responsibility to ensure the specified products are either coated or otherwise protected from moisture, condensation, and other corrosive elements.
- When soldering is required to install the product, the soldering must be protected against corrosion, and this includes all metal parts of the module being lacquered sufficiently.
- LED dimming can only be achieved with a certified dimmer. Check with LINETEC before installing any dimming system.
- Your LED installation must be well ventilated in order for the modules and accessories to survive long term. Excessive heat in the LED cavity could cause a reduction in the LED’s life and/or product failure.
- Each product will have specific power requirements and unique attributes. Ensure you carefully read and follow individual instructions for each product you are installing.
- High pressure hoses must not be used to clean IP rated products. All LED products must be free of any cleaning chemicals or detergents.
- Products are not suitable when being exposed to the marine environment unless the product specification is clearly marked. All special instructions must be followed and all care should be taken to ensure common sense is practised.
- Products must be free of dust, dirt, and obstructions to enable the light to emit onto the desired area in a uniform manner.
- LED products that are used in conjunction with other light fittings in the same cavity should be kept in separate compartments to prevent colour mixing between light fittings and excessive heat generated by the non-LED product.
- As with all LED lamps and fittings, light depreciation should be expected throughout the lifetime of the product.
- LED products may differ slightly in Kelvin degrees (LED colour) between batches. LINETEC will ensure individual orders have consistent Kelvin levels. Please contact us before ordering if colour matching between orders is required.
- Quality sealant must be used if placed in an outdoor environment. The sealant must be rated at least for the rated lifetime of the LED product.
- Products that are installed without following the correct installation procedure detailed in the product instruction manual and specification sheets will not be accepted as a warranty claim. If the installer does not receive a copy of these documents it is their responsibility to request this before installing the product. Please contact LINETEC or refer to www.brightlight.co.nz.
- All constant current products must be wired in series only.
- LED products used are not to be used in direct sunlight unless the product is specified as “UV resistant” in the specification sheets provided by LINETEC. Products used in direct sunlight should expect some discolouration over time.
- Materials that do not dissipate heat effectively (ie. PVC or some timbers) should not be used as a heat sink for LED ribbon strips. LINETEC offer a range of approved heat sinking profiles.
- Ambient temperature of an LED installation should not exceed 60°C. The ideal working temperature will be noted on specification sheets.
- Correct cable sizes should be worked out by the installer or engineer prior to installation.
- Under no circumstances will LINETEC be liable for any charges relating to the removal, reinstallation, or freight in regard to product installations.
- All warranty claims must be sent to the LINETEC office at the reseller’s expense unless prior arrangements have been made with LINETEC and written approval has been provided of any arrangements. Our product warranty is strictly on a “return to base” basis.
- If an on-site visit is required to assess problems relating to LED products and it is found to be caused by incorrect installation then a call out charge will apply.
- After the first 6 months of the product in working use, LINETEC will use a Pro-rated value proportional to the warranty period to ascertain the value of the goods. If a refund / credit is chosen as a method of satisfying the warranty claim, then this value will be used as a settlement value.